What is the best sleeping bag for a hammock?
There are so many type of sleeping bags that it’s difficult to know which one will best suit your needs.
You’ll need to consider material, insulation, and weight when making this decision.
Let’s take a look at some of the best options.
Table of Contents
10 best sleeping bag for hammock
These are our 10 favorite sleeping bags for hammock camping.
- [ 20D SHELL + DWR COATING + 300T LINING - ] - The hammock underquilt is made of 20D ripstop nylon shell with a DWR coating. This premium material allows it to wear well and last longer. Soft 300T polyester pongee lining; Enough 300g polyester filling, is warm and cozy, protecting you from the cold of winter.
- [ BIG SIZE - FITS ANY STANDARD SIZE HAMMOCK ] - Hammock under quilt size: Length 98.4 inch, maximum width 55.1 inch. Wide size, wraps the sides and bottom of your hammock. Combine the warmth and insulation of a sleeping bag with the comfort of a hammock. Designed to fit snugly to all standard sized hammocks, keeping you warm and toasty in chilly temperatures, no Cold Butt Syndrome (CBS) anymore!
- [ ELASTIC STRAP ON BOTH ENDS - EASY TO SETUP ] - This camping hammock underquilt comes with elastic straps, and short bungee cord loops on both ends for an easy and cozy fix to your hammock. Set up and take down is quick and easy with our design. We’ve also included for you 2 larger carabiners if you prefer.
- [ COMFORT TEMPERATURE RANGE - EXTEND HAMMOCK CAMPING SEASON ] - 4 season hammock underquilt, great for comfortable temperature ranges from 20°F – 68°F. This underquilt is perfect for extending the hammock camping season; from spring and summer, to autumn, or even in warmer winter days, it will keep you warm.
- [ PERFECT PORTABLE SIZE – PACKS UP SMALL ] - It weighs only 2.6 lbs, and comes with a compression stuff sack, to compress into a small size for easy carrying and to save space. It is perfect for camping, backpacking, hunting, outdoor activities, and mountaineering.
- 【DURABLE HAMMOCK INCLUDED】Made from high quality 210T parachute nylon materials which is tear-resistant, breathable and quick-drying, our camping hammock can support the weight up to 330 lbs. Super lightweight and easy to set up. The camping hammock comes with every thing you need. Two solid steel carabiners & two hammock tree straps. Very easy to set up hammock within 2 minutes.
- 【GET MORE SPACE】Roomy rectangular shape comfortably fits most campers up to 7 FEET. Size: 33.5 by 90.5 inches (W x L), 20% larger than most products on the market, so lofty and wide you'll have plenty of room to stretch out. The separated bottom zipper lets you ventilate the foot section for better temperature control, you can even fully open this big size sleep bag as a blanket.
- 【HIGH QUALITY FABRIC】Made of a waterproof&windproof 210T polyester taffeta shell to resist moisture and stains, 240T polyester lining is soft, supple and comfortable next to skin. Net weight 5.73 pounds, filled with thick hollow cotton ensures breathability and is warmer than similar products. This sleeping bag for adults or kids will warm your tour and give you a good night sleep experience.
- 【EASY TO CARRY】The large opening design of the compression sack facilitates the storage of the subzero sleeping bag without tearing, the cover on the top strengthens watertightness. In addition, the portable handle on the sack makes it convenient to carry along for any outdoor adventures. The hammock is easily packed in the attached stuff sack with bundled size 8.3*4.3*4.3inches and weight 1.1lbs only. You can hang it on your backpack and bring it to everywhere you want.
- 【CAMPING GIFTS】No matter the occasion, our sleeping bag and camping hammock is a camping gear must have for the adventurer in your life. Various colors for you to select, perfect Christmas gift for outdoor enthusiast for their upcoming winter camping trips, car travel. It is also a nice choice to use the sleeping bag indoor and hang the hammock in the backyard.
- Instant Heat with 3 Modes: The heated trekpak can rapidly heat up to a maximum of 140℉ in just 5 seconds. Three adjustable temperature levels allow personalized comfort, keeping you warm in different conditions. Ideal for winter camping, outdoor events, or staying cozy at home.
- Compression Stuff Sack: The 17.7*15.7inch storage bag can accommodate a single sleeping bag or a hammock underquilt. Equipped with two shoulder straps, it functions as a backpack or compresses tight. Additionally, it includes a small exterior pocket for storing camping accessories.
- Wireless Heat Pad: The heating pad can be unzipped and expanded to a size of 31.5*17.7 inches. You can place it inside a sleeping bag or a hammock underquilt to preheat. The interior features soft fleece material and cotton padding, making it comfortable to use as a blanket even without heating.
- 5000mAh Battery Included: The heating bag is equipped with a 5000mAh rechargeable battery, ensuring continuous operation at its highest heating mode for up to 3 hours. It can also provide power for other USB devices. Its compact size and lightweight design won't burden your camping trips.
- Winter Activity Essentials: The hot pocket is a must-have for winter camping gear. Whether you're camping in the wilderness, ice fishing on a frozen lake, or participating in various outdoor activities in cold conditions.It can also be used as a cold-weather heated mummy bag. This heating pack offers instant warmth wherever and whenever you need it.
- 【Fit Night Cat Hammocks】The underqulit is greatly matching with Night Cat Camping Hammock 3 in 1. Made of 190T polyester fabric and 190T pongee lining,fulled with 250gsm Soft hollow cotton filling,soft and warm for hammock in 4 seasons.
- 【Lightweight & Portable】The hammock underquilt weighs 1.2kg and easy to pack into the compression stuff sack,very convenient and portable to carry for hammock camping backpacking hiking.
- 【Spacious Quilt】The dimensions of this camping quilt is 8ft x3.6ft (LxW). Spacious size to hold most of standard hammocks.Perfect combination of underquilt and sleeping bag to provide you warm and keep heat preservation when hammock sleeping in cold weather.
- 【Easy Set Up】Easily assembling the elastic straps on both ends to fix with the hammock and adjust the underquilt to fit for your hammock.Quick set up in seconds.
- 【Versatile Using】Customizable tighteners adjust comfort to fit for most of camping hammocks,it can also use as an ordinary sleeping bag or sleeping blanket for outdoor camping hiking.
- Hammock Underquilt and Overquilt for Camping, hammocks. When the temperature drops, you can still hang and enjoy the outdoors and stay warm.
- Grand Trunk is based in Salt Lake City. Each product comes with our amazing support and a lifetime warranty. We've been making hammock for over 20 years.
- Use the Thermaquilt as a Sleeping Bag too. It's a summer bag rated to 40 degrees. Filled with quality synthetic fill that is machine washable and packs down small.
- We include stuff sack for easy packing. Chord to fasten the Thermaquilt to your hammock or straps. Cinch Chord at each ends creates a snug fit around each end of your hammock.
- The 360 Thermaquilt has a full length zipper that when unzipped turns your quilt into a versatile Tech Blanket.
- PRACTICAL COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Our sleeping bag is large enough to fit an adult 6'1"-6'6". Girth of shoulder/ hip/ foot: 63", 50.3" 33" nice for you comfortable sleeping. When folded and store in its carrying bag, the lightweight sleeping bag is easy to carry (1.62kg/3.6lbs).
- STAY WARM AND COZY DURING THE NIGHT: Thanks to our innovative heat retention technology, quilted construction and insulated footbox, this fluffy mummy sleeping bag will keeps you comfort from 50 to 68℉ or more, keeps temperature limits to 32℉or more. The adult mummy bag also has a drawstring hood that keeps the warm air in and the cold air out and away from your head and neck.
- WATER REPELLENT & RIPSTOP FABRIC: 210T ripstop polyester shell protects against windy and wet weather Keep you warm even in wet weather conditions and prevent you from getting damp. Thanks to the ripstop fabric (double-layer)is durable and resists damage from stones, branches and other natural elements.
- LONG LASTING DURABILITY from water repellent polyester shell and soft polyester taffeta liner with double SBS zippers and anti-snag slider, wide shoulder and large footbox, snag-free hook and loop fastener, drawstring, horizontal baffles, and stuff sack case for storage included. Comes in size up to 14.5in x 11in.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE-we strongly stand behind the great craftsmanship of outdoor camping gear and provide the best customer experience possible. In case anything goes wrong, we will respond to your concerns within 24 hours. Order now!
- 0 Degree Sleeping Bag for Camping: Perfect winter hammock sleeping bag features WR 800 fill power goose down insulation with a revolutionary microscopic ClusterLoft base to keep you warm from 0 - 30 F
- Hiking Gear: Designed for thru-hiking, backpacking and camping, this ultralight sleeping bag boasts superior weight-to-warmth ratio at only 3.71 lbs for Long; Sleeping bag stuff sack included
- Hydrophobic Water Repellent: DWR-Coated camping sleeping bags for adults feature 400T 20 D ripstop nylon fabric liner, 2 large YKK zippers with anti-snag sliders, velcro, drawstring & vertical baffles
- Portable Hammock: Don't sacrifice comfort! The longest mummy sleeping bag will fit a 6ft 6in person, with wide shoulders and a roomy foot box; Warm but ultralight, 4 season winter sleeping bag
- Hyke & Byke Sleeping Bags: USA-based brand offers premium quality camping gear collection of adult & kids sleeping bags, camping tents & sleeping pods for all your adventures in the great outdoors
- Insulation you can count on: No more coldness. Our underquilt for camping hammock is Insulated with high-performance insulation, meaning you never have to worry about chilly weather. Maximum loft is ensured throughout the night, keeping you snug and cozy even when it’s freezing.
- Ready for any weather: Need protection from rain? Or wind? Or just want to stay dry? Chilly weather and torrential rain can spell disaster, but our hammock under quilt 20D nylon fabric with DWR finish is water-proof and wind-proof, meaning you’re kept dry no matter what.
- Effortless Set up: You need a camping hammock underquilt that is ready for adventure and compatible with almost any hammock system. Our fully adjustable shock cord suspension adapts to almost any hammock, and is flexible for any sleeping position. Shock cords in the middle give you the ability to fine-tune your temperature for warmer and colder nights. Whether you want to be toasty or cool, we’ve got you covered.
- Compressible & Portable: When you’re in the outdoors, you need a hammock quilt that can pack down and easily become part of your pack. Our Easthills under quilt comes with a free compression stuff sack allowing you to pack down the quilt to a small, easily stored size that’s right there whenever you need it.
- We stand by our products: At Easthills Outdoors we take pride in our products and are committed to making every one of our customers satisfied. If your product does not perform as promised, Easthills guarantees it for 2 years from the date of purchase.
- Comfy: 20D Ripstop Nylon Outer Shell with 380T Polyester Pongee Lining and SEE Polyester filling makes it an ultra-lightweight backpacking quilt that's soft, breathable & wind-proof
- Versatile: A lighter alternative to standard mummy sleeping bags, this sleeping quilt offers quick entry and exit and with a convertible footbox which helps keep the heat in
- Lightweight & Compact: Weighs only 35oz (1000g), folds up small, about the size of a gallon jug, easy to put into your backpack and travel around, and spreads out 6.5ft by 2.8ft offering plenty of sleeping space
- Special Design: Hollowed back design for use with sleep mats for a perfect balance between down distribution and heat retention, a fantastic option for people who feel claustrophobic in sleeping bag
- Warm: Stay toasty warm due to the baffled construction which provides a temperature rating down to 41°F (5°C), can also be used with a sleeping bag or underquilt, then you get a toasty winter sleeping system | Dimensions: 200cm *85cm (6.6ft *2.8ft)
- VERSATILE. Whether you are trying to ventilate on a hot night or bundle up when the temperature drops, this premium camping quilt has you covered. The practical design will help keep you feeling warm and cozy on any weather and can work as a top quilt, comforter, wearable sleeping bag and even a poncho.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS. Made with high-quality 20D lightweight silk - skin nylon taffeta fabric to deliver great strength to weight ratio and uses DuPont Sorona as the insulated filling to keep you warm in temperatures between 35 to 50 degrees. It has a durable water-repellent finish to protect you against the wind and small rain.
- COZY FOOTBOX INCLUDED. This top quilt can also be used as a sleeping bag with its convertible footbox. This is engineered to enhance warmth, comfort, and efficiency to provide extra insulation for your feet. Have the option to increase the airflow on warm nights by keeping the footbox open, while cinching the cord is best for cold sleepers and cold-weather adventures.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT. Weighing only 1.9 lbs, this top quilt delivers superior warmth with minimum weight. It measures an impressive 76" x 54" inches when fully opened and can be folded down to fit a super compact 16 x 32 cm stuff sack for easy transportation.
- EASY TO WASH. Made from durable and lightweight materials, this camping blanket is portable, practical, and perfect for camping trips. It is machine washable and quick to dry making it easy to clean. Order yours today!
Can you put a sleeping bag in a hammock?
Yes, you can put a sleeping bag in a hammock.
It’s best to find a bag that has insulation in it so you can stay warm and comfortable.
You also want to look for something lightweight, which is easier when the sleeping bag is designed specifically for use with hammocks.
Hammock sleeping bags are usually much smaller than other types of bags and they’re often made from polyester or nylon materials.
You don’t want anything too heavy because when you sleep on your side while in a hammock there aren’t any pressure points on your body like there would be if you slept flat on the ground! That means no sore shoulders or hips after spending hours wrapped up in this type of bedding package!
What is a hammock sleeping bag and why would I need one?
A sleeping bag designed specifically for hammocks will be lightweight, compact, and easy to store.
Hammock sleeping bags are designed specifically for hammocks and typically have a built-in zipper on one end that attaches to the open side of the hammock.
A hammock sleeping bag will also have a wide, flat end that provides more room to stretch out and gives you the option of laying on your back or side.
The main reason you may need one, is to make camping in a hammock more comfortable and provide warmth for cold weather conditions or when using an uninsulated top quilt inside the hammock.
What is a Good Sleeping Bag for Hammocks?
There are so many type of sleeping bags that it’s difficult to know which one will best suit your needs.
The best place to start is by understanding all the different types of hammock sleeping bags that exist and what they’re best used for. There are many types, but the most popular ones include:
Hanging insulation bags. These insulated sacks can provide extra warmth to help keep you comfortable when camping in cold weather conditions or using an uninsulated top quilt inside a hammock. They’re easy to hang and store away from your gear since they have straps on them that allow you to attach them at any height along the side of your hammock so there’s no need for stakes! Some models come with built-in pockets so you won’t lose anything during the night while others just offer space for other items like clothing, pillows, or food storage.
Hammock sleeping bags. These specifically made sleeping bag will have a built in zipper on one end that attaches to the open side of your hammock. They’re usually rectangular shaped so you can lay down on your back or side and provide plenty of room to stretch out comfortably with less chance of falling off (or even feeling trapped). You’ll also find that they are wide at the bottom which provides more space than most other types – perfect for those who like spreading their feet while they sleep!
Material, insulation, and weight of the best sleeping bags for hammocks
Choosing a sleeping bag can be complicated, there are many things to consider when looking for the best sleeping bag.
Material . What kind of materials does the bag consist of? Most manufacturers use polyester or nylon because these fabrics can be water resistant. A waterproofing spray may also help if you want something more protective from rain and snow but doesn’t come with a high price tag! Another option is using an outdoor blanket as a liner inside the bag.
The material of your hammock sleeping bag will have a big impact on how well it insulates and what weight it is. What you choose to use depends largely on the conditions where you plan to sleep in the hammock, how sensitive you are to cold or heat, and personal preference.
Insulation . What level of insulation does the bag offer? This is a very important factor. When you sleep in a hammock, your body doesn’t have pressure points on it like when sleeping on the ground so most people will be comfortable with just moderate levels of insulation. You’ll want to find something lightweight that won’t take up too much space in your backpack or camping gear!
Down has excellent insulation properties but can get wet if exposed to water for any length of time – which could be problematic when camping in damp conditions or using an uninsulated top quilt inside your hammock during colder months. Synthetic materials also provide good insulation without risking getting wet from condensation outside or rainwater while being hung up under trees overnight! What’s more, synthetic insulation won’t retain moisture like down would so they’re better suited for very humid environments.
Some people also prefer synthetic because it doesn’t compress under its own weight like down does and will keep you warm even when wet! What’s more, they’re less expensive than most other types of material so it won’t cost as much to replace if your hammock sleeping bag gets destroyed or lost during a camping trip.
Synthetic insulation is usually combined with another type of insulation such as wool in the form of an external liner which can be removed from inside the bag then washed on its own without damaging the shell. It not only provides better protection against moisture but insulates well too – perfect for those who don’t want to worry about getting their gear soaked when hiking around in damp conditions! What’s more, synthetic insulation won’t lose its loft and insulating properties with use so it’s a great choice for frequent campers.
Weight – How heavy is the best sleeping bag for hammocks? What’s the weight limit and how long can I use my pack before going over said max weight limit (so this isn’t an issue)? Sleeping bags designed specifically for hammocks are usually lighter than other types because they’re often made from polyester or nylon materials which don’t weigh as much.
For those who carry a lot of gear in their backpack, you may prefer to go with an air sleeping bag which are usually lightweight and pack down small – perfect for hammock camping! What’s more, they don’t require any sort of external insulation so if you’re hiking or biking far enough into the wilderness then there will be no need to worry about wet weather conditions or getting your things wet from rainwater hanging up under trees overnight. What’s more, these types of sleeping bags also have built-in pockets inside where you can store items like clothing and food while on the move too. They’ll also work well as a sleeping bag liner in cold climates if you’re using another type of insulation inside your hammock.
Sleeping bag ratings and what that means for hammock campers
Sleeping bags are rated by their degree rating which indicates the temperature range that it is best suited for.
If you live in an area with extreme temperatures, then being able to choose between different degrees will be great as they’ll have one that suits your climate perfectly.
What’s more, sleeping bag manufacturers often use color coding on their products so if it’s cold outside, blue means warm and red means cold!
You’ll want to think about how much insulation you need when deciding what type of material would work best for a hammock too – cotton might not be the right choice because it has poor insulating properties but down or synthetic would be perfect. What’s more, synthetic insulation won’t get wet the way down would so it would work better in damp conditions as well.
The Best Hammock Sleeping Bag Brands on the Market Today
It’s always a good idea to find out what other people have experienced with sleeping bags before you buy one. What are their thoughts?
What do they love and hate about it?
What features does it offer that might be beneficial for your needs or things that could make life easier if only there were different options available (i.e., adjustable sack height)?
Here is an overview of some of the best brands currently on the market:
Geertop – A Dutch company that specializes in all things related to outdoor gear. What’s more, they design their sleeping bags and other products for extreme conditions which makes them perfect for hammock campers! What’s even better is the fact that they use eco-friendly materials whenever possible so you can rest assured knowing your purchase has been ethically made – what else could you want?
One of Geertops most popular synthetic insulation options is this down-like microfiber polyester blend called Thermoloft but don’t worry if that doesn’t sound like your kind of thing because there are plenty of others on offer as well such as Outlast or Climasheild.
Enlightened Equipment – This brand offers top rated, high quality products at affordable prices which makes them perfect for someone who wants something durable without breaking the bank in order to get it. They’re environmentally friendly as well so you can sleep with peace of mind knowing you’re doing your part to help protect the environment.
Hammock Gear – This brand was founded by an avid hiker and hammocks enthusiast who wanted to create the best products possible so he could enjoy his passions as well as share them with others. What’s great is that they offer high quality, durable gear at a fraction of the cost you’ll find elsewhere while still providing top notch customer service which includes free repairs for life!
Kammok – This company offers affordable, highly rated gear made from organic cotton linens that provide comfort without sacrificing breathability or durability. What I love about their sleeping bags is how lightweight but also sturdy it feels when holding it in my hands because I know it can do what needs to be done no matter how rough conditions might get outside (i.e., rain, wind). What’s even better is how easy it is to roll up into a small package so you can carry it with you on your next adventure without having to worry about taking up too much space or getting in the way of anything else!
Teton Sports – This company offers sleeping bags for hammocks that are designed specifically for this type of shelter which means they’re lightweight and affordable while still being made from durable materials that ensure quality no matter what kind of weather conditions exist outside (i.e., cold, hot, humid…anything!). The best part? They come in three different sizes appropriate for kids as well as adults so there’s something comfortable and cozy available no matter what size you need!
What are the alternatives?
Hammock Quilts – These lightweight quilts offer warmth without weighing you down or getting in the way while you sleep on top of them inside the hammock. They do not come with any kind of zipper but can be tied around the outside edges if needed (you would have to tie these from both ends). It should also be noted that they’re not designed for use inside hammocks so if you want to use one of these, do not hang it from the fabric loops on a spreader bar.
Hammock Top Quilts – These quilt designs are meant to be tucked around and underneath you while sleeping in a hammock but without any kind of zipper or ties at all (these are just an open rectangle). What makes them different is that they have insulation sewn into their design which will help keep your body heat trapped against your skin! They may also come with an attached stuff sack or drawstring pouch to prevent wrinkles during storage when wrapped up.
Pillow Bags – This type of bag has been specifically shaped like a pillowcase and made from a lightweight material like polyester or cotton so you can use it as your very own pillow inside the hammock. What makes them especially great for this type of bedding is that they come with an attached zipper which means there’s never any need to sleep without one again!
Regular Sleeping Bag – A sleeping bag may not seem like the best option, but if you want maximum warmth and comfort during winter camping trips in cold weather conditions (or using uninsulated top quilts) then this might be just what you’re looking for. They will also pack up much more easily than other types of bags because of their compact design and lighter weight materials.
The best way to find out which one would work best is by testing each one out in person to see which one feels the most comfortable and warm.
Our top choice sleeping bag for hammocks
We believe this is an excellent choice sleeping bag for hammocks.
- 【2 IN 1 Hammock Sleeping Bag】GEERTOP underquilt for hammock 4 season compatible 450 Fill Power Down, filled sleeping bag integrates with any hammock to serve as both an hammock underquilt and a top quilt . Also good used as a camp sleeping bag while tent camping for winter backpacking travel
- 【Warm & Comfortable】Light sleeping bag hammock features of 380T nylon water-resistant shell fabric and Hydrophobic 450FP duck down, the microscopic air clusters found in down feathers creates "loft" that traps heat and keeps you warm; Limited temperature is from 23℉ to 50℉/-5-10℃
- 【Easy To Carry】Each hammock sleeping bag is equipped with a compression storage bag and weighs only 2.95 lbs, space-saving and portable; Good for all season backpacking camping hiking travel , easy to carry where you go
- 【Windproof & Extra Warmth】This sleeping bag designs with a wind protection, it can be tightened to prevent wind from entering from the neck, keep warmer for you effectively; Also with a cellphone storage bag inside, allowing you keep warm while playing the cellphone
- 【Compact for 1 Person】This hammock underquilt size is about 87 x 33 x 23 inches; This oversized design is perfect for those looking for more space to move, combining the benefits of a rectangular bag with those of a mummy bag, good choice camping gear for outdoor
Last update on 2024-01-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API